Both 26650 lithium batteries and 18650 lithium batteries belong to cylindrical lithium batteries. So, what is the difference between 26650 lithium batteries and 18650 lithium batteries? Let's take a look at the difference between the 26650 Li on lithium battery and the 18650 lipo battery.
1. 26650 Li on lithium battery
26650 Li on lithium battery is a model specification of cylindrical Li on lithium battery, that is, the diameter of the battery is 26mm, the length is 65mm, and the battery is cylindrical. Generally used to call lithium batteries, including lithium primary batteries and lithium ion batteries. Commonly used lithium batteries made of nickel-cobalt-manganese cathode materials and lithium iron phosphate materials—INR26650-3.6V-4500mAh, IFR26650-3.2V-3200mAh. Used in power tools, lighting, wind and solar energy storage, electric vehicles, toys, instrumentation, UPS backup power supply, communication equipment, medical equipment and special lamps.
2. 18650 lipo battery
Common 18650 batteries are divided into lithium-ion batteries and lithium iron phosphate batteries. The voltage of lithium ion battery is 3.7v nominal voltage, the charging cut-off voltage is 4.2v, the nominal voltage of lithium iron phosphate battery is 3.2V, the charging cut-off voltage is 3.6v, the capacity is usually 1200mAh-3350mAh, the common capacity is 2200mAh-2600mAh . The theoretical life of 18650 lipo battery is 1000 cycles of charging. 18650 lithium batteries are mostly used in notebook computer batteries due to their large capacity per unit density. In addition, because 18650 has very good stability at work, they are widely used in major electronic fields: commonly used in high-end strong light flashlights , portable power supply, wireless data transmitter, electric thermal clothing, shoes, portable instruments and meters, portable lighting equipment, portable printers, industrial instruments, medical instruments, etc.
1. The rated capacity is different: the rated capacity of IFR26650 Li on lithium battery is 3000mAh, and the rated capacity of IFR18650 lipo battery is 1100~1400mAh.
2. The diameters of the two batteries are different: the diameter of the IFR26650 is 26 mm, and the diameter of the IFR18650 is 18 mm.
3. The reference mass is different: the reference mass of the IFR26650 Li on lithium battery is 94 grams, and the reference mass of the IFR18650 lipo battery is 45 grams.
4. Different battery volume: 26650 is larger in volume than 18650, their cell height is the same, and the cell diameter is different. The 26650 cell diameter is 26mm, while the 18650 cell diameter is 18mm.
5. Different battery capacity: The battery capacity of 26650 is larger than that of 18650 under the same battery material. Assuming that the 26650 battery with the same ternary material is generally about 5200mAh, the capacity of 18650 battery is mostly about 2600mAh.
6. Different application environments: 18650 lithium batteries are used in lighting lamps batteries, industrial supporting Li on lithium battery packs, power tool batteries, electric bicycle batteries, power Li on lithium battery packs, etc., while 26650 lithium batteries are used in integrated solar street light lithium batteries There are many aspects such as groups, energy storage stations, and solar energy storage batteries.
7. The battery life is different: 18650, which is 18MM in diameter and 65MM in height, in this way, 26650 must be larger than 18650 in volume ratio, so there is more space for filling materials to achieve larger capacity, the current capacity of 18650 There are 2200, 2600, 3100MAH, etc., and the capacity of 26650 is generally 4000, 4200, 4500MAH, and the battery life will be longer.
The above is a detailed explanation of the difference between the 26650 Li on lithium battery and the 18650 lipo battery. The 18650 lipo battery and the 26650 Li on lithium battery are also completely different, but they can be modified with each other, but there are differences. You can bold the 18650 battery and put it into a 26650 flashlight.